Making lunches, buying school supplies, and packing backpacks mean families have a lot to think about this season. As kids are going back to school, parents are busy managing schedules and making sure everyone in the family gets where they need to be, when they need to be there.
How can you stay on top of this much stress? Get organized! Here are a few tips to help you keep your car and your family organized this back-to-school season.
- Empty the trunk. By the end of the summer, all sorts of belongings may be collecting in your trunk. Removing excess items, like lawn chairs or camping supplies, can help you get more miles to the gallon. Plus, you’ll need that space for school backpacks, band instruments, and sports equipment!
- Schedule drivers. Keep track of rides and cars on the family schedule. When you list out school events, soccer practice, rehearsals, carpools and more, also indicate the driver and car responsible. Color coding or highlighting can help for an at-a-glance view of your car’s schedule.
- Carpool. Parents can support each other by sharing the load. Setting up a carpool takes a little extra time upfront, but can be a huge benefit to all families involved. Not only does carpooling reduce the stress of multiple schedules, it saves you money!
- Pack car supplies. There are some things you want to keep in your car during the school year, like an emergency kit, umbrella, or grocery bags. Instead of leaving these things free-floating in the trunk, organize them using bags, boxes, or a trunk organizer. This helps you keep track of the items in your trunk and find them quickly when you need them.
- Check your emergency kit. Keep your family safe, even in an emergency. Your car emergency kit should have some cash, a phone charger, jumper cables, and the phone number for Foreign Accents – 336.294.2137. Make sure you check and replace used supplies, like snacks or water, to keep them fresh and stocked.
You and your car can be ready for the school year, even if your kids aren’t! A little bit of organization can help keep your family on track for this busy season. Share your back-to-school organization tips on our Facebook page.
To make sure your vehicle is ready for the year ahead, stop by Foreign Accents for an inspection. Our ASE-Certified technicians will review the results with you so you can take care of any needed maintenance before the busy school schedules are too far under way. Get peace of mind this school year! Request an appointment online.